Saturday, February 15, 2014

Welcome to my closet… (After)

I had originally planned on cleaning out my closet the day after I posted the "before" pictures. After actually seeing them, I changed my mind and got to work IMMEDIATELY. It took me about two hours and I only used items I had lying around the house to do it (I was determined not to spend any extra money on this). 
I started by editing my wardrobe. This is always the most difficult. I had to be honest with myself and get rid of clothing (and accessories) I knew I'd never wear again. This freed up a lot of space in my otherwise tiny closet. I PROMISE my closet will never look like the "before" pictures again…I think. 

I moved the skirts and shorts hanging on the bottom rack to free up space on the floor.


Now I can actually see my shoes and belts (in their temporary location on a hanger). I also have a place to store a few hats without stacking them on top of each other. 


Old Vogue magazines come in handy as boot shapers.


I can actually see the floor of my closet now!


Surprisingly, I don't own a proper chest of drawers since space is so limited in my apartment. Instead, these collapsible containers from Ikea hold my tee-shirts and other items. My brooches are on display and scarves are rolled in smaller boxes. (I still have to find something to do with my necklaces, I have an idea…)


Looks like I can go shopping for another pair of shoes! 


Organize your clothes in a way that works for YOU. I choose to hang my tops together and separate them by solids, stripes, prints, and plaids. All of my skirts and dress shorts are in the middle. My dresses are also separated by prints and solids. Blazers and other jackets are grouped together. I always thought I needed more prints in my wardrobe, but after taking a look at this, I think I'm just fine. 


No comments:

Post a Comment