Sunday, March 23, 2014

Looking to the Future...


  Hi friends! I've been absent for a while, and for good reason. At the end of last year, I applied for a job overseas and just recently found out that I got it! I knew the chance of me getting it was a long shot, but I would never know if I never tried. I absolutely LOVE my current job, and have worked with some amazing people over the past 14 years (wow, 14 years???), but there comes a time when you just know it's time to move on. 
  I've always wanted to travel the world, and now I'll get a chance to do just that. Who would've thought that choosing to learn French in middle school would take me to the Middle East where I get to teach at an amazing new school. I'll be the first French teacher at the school…a fact that I'd really never given much thought to until today when a friend of mine said "history in the making, you'll always be remembered as the first French teacher there." 
  My time here in Atlanta has been absolutely wonderful, and I wouldn't change it for the world. But I won't miss the place…I'll miss the people. I'll miss the experiences. I'll miss "Sunday Funday" with my girls. I'll miss the completely random nights out in the middle of the week. I'll miss my ex (yes, it's true) and my "fur babies" (aka, Sophie and Oscar, my dachshunds). But most of all, I'll miss my family (and my small group of sister friends who have become my family). 
  Someone recently asked me if I'm afraid to make this journey alone. I'm not. Fear doesn't live in me. I'm excited. I'm excited to learn about a culture completely different from my own. I'm excited to share what I know with a new group of students. And I'm excited to share my experiences with you. My blog will be different, of course. My style of dress will be a bit more conservative, but still just as fabulous as ever! Can you imagine all the full skirts I can have made with the beautifully colored fabrics??? I hope you will enjoy this journey with me and check back often to see what it means to be Friends with Vintage…in the Middle East. ;-)

xoxo,

Ty

No comments:

Post a Comment